- DB Fields (combobox): Select a database field (gamelist). This will populate the second combo box with all values for that field found in the database (gamelist). Click the green tick to filter on this value. You can manually modify the content of this second combobox
- Search word in (Listbox): Allows to filter the database on a character string. The search is carried out on the fields Title, Description or Name of the Rom file
Search for duplicates
- Filter duplicate Roms on (button): Allows you to search for duplicate Roms (duplicates) according to 2 modes.
- Name : Searches for Roms containing the name of another Rom in the name of the game. Useful if you have clones (different rom file) but the game name is the same. Do this after the game has been scraped, as the game names will be accurate.
Example: 'Speedball (Europe) (Mirrorsoft).zip' and 'Speedball (Europe) (Virgin).zip' roms will return the same game name (Speedball).
On the other hand '007 - A View to a Kill [Part 1 Of 4]' and '007 - A View to a Kill [Part 2 Of 4]' will not be considered as duplicates.
- File : Search for Roms containing in the filename part of the filename of another Rom. Example: “Back to the Future Part II (Europe).zip” and “Back to the Future Part III” (Europe).zip
You can use these keyboard shortcuts to browse found roms
First select a line by clicking on it
Ctrl + PgUp: Go to the 1st cell of the first line
Ctrl + PgDn: Go to the 1st cell of the last line
Home : Go to the 1st cell of the first line
End: Go to the last cell of the last row
PgUp: Go to previous page
PgDn: Go to next page
Ctrl + → : Go to end of selected line
Ctrl + ← : Go to start of selected line
[A-Z][0-9] : Jumps to the line whose Game name begins with the key pressed
Shift + [A-Z][0-9]: select rows from the current position up to the row whose Game name begins with the key pressed (preferably with a database sorted by * *Game name)
* : Go to the next Game name different from the current one (preferably with a database sorted by Game name)
Ctrl + : Switch to the next game file different from the current one (preferably with a database sorted by File name**)