Table des matières
FAQ & Errors
To report a Bug to the developer
To report a bug to the developer you can go through (in the order of reactivity of the developer :)):
You will find various forums on the Discord that can help you:
- arrm-help-on-features (for help on existing features)
- arrm-suggestions (to make suggestions):
- arrm-bugs-report (to report bugs)
- arrm-announce (to see announcements of new releases and betas)
Also send an automatic report by clicking on the Send debug info to developer button available in the Contacts tab
If you encounter a bug or unexpected behavior of ARRM, click on this button to automatically send by email to the developer, a log of your ARRM config and last scrape report. This will help the developer to better understand your problem.
Error about the database engine when launching ARRM (from version 1915)
If you encounter the error below when launching ARRM.exe:
Check that you have installed the x64 & x86 Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable
If it still does not work, use the 32-bit version of ARRM that you will find in the ARRM installation directory (available from version 1916 beta 2). The file is called: Arrm_32bits.exe
Allow ARRM.EXE application in Windows Defender
Windows Defender can prevent ARRM from writing to files used by ARRM located in %appdata%\nexouille Soft\ARRM Like for example the files '_missing_arrm_%SYSTEM%_%SCRAPER_ENGINE%.txt
To authorize the application you have to do the following:
- In Start, find and click on: 'Protection against viruses and threats'
- In 'Ransomware Protection', click on 'Manage Ransomware Protection'
- In 'Controlled folder access device', click on 'Authorize an app via a controlled folder access device'
- Click on '+ Add an authorized application'
- Click on 'Recently Blocked Apps', and click on '+ Arrm.exe' (or Arrm_32bits.exe)
- Click on 'Search in all applications' and look for the ARRM.exe executable in its installation folder.
My version is lower than 22.214.171.124 and I am not getting any information from Screenscraper
You must upgrade to version 126.96.36.199 or higher to be able to connect to the Screenscraper database again to be able to scrape.
What operating systems does ARRM run on?
ARRM runs on Windows (7, 8 and 10). It uses the .NET 4.5.2 Framework and Redistribuable Visual C++ pour Visual Studio 2015. It has been succesfully tested on .NET 4.7 and 4.8 . It is not Linux compatible (via Mono or Wine as of May 2019) nor Mac OS.
At launch an error message appears concerning the database
Following a new installation, an error message appears concerning a bad database version.
Solution: uninstall the previous version, or use the version without an installer, which requires copying the files manually over the previous version. (available here: http://jujuvincebros.fr/telechargements2/category/12-arrm-executable-only)
The program crashes at launch or does not run
- Since version 188.8.131.52, ARRM uses the functionality of windows media player to display snaps videos. If you have disabled Windows Media Player in Windows features, this will prevent ARRM from launching if your ARRM version is lower than 184.108.40.206. Since version 220.127.116.11, if Windows Media Player is not installed, video snaps will not be displayed in ARRM, but will no longer cause the application to crash.
- Since Beta 18.104.22.168 versions you need to install this new database engine: x64 & x86 Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable
- Remember to give permissions to ARRM in Windows Security:
If you are using Windows Defender you should allow ARRM app in windows defender. Follow this link : Allow ARRM.EXE application in Windows Defender
The program crashes when opening a gamelist.xml
If you get this error message after choosing a system and clicking 'Display' :
You've probably used the . (period) as the decimal separator instead of the , (comma) in the regional settings of Windows. You have to use the , (comma)
In Windows 10, here's how to access the modification page for this setting:
Ratings are not in the correct format in the gamelists.xml
You've probably used the . (period) as the decimal separator, in windows, instead of the , (comma) in the regional settings of Windows. You have to use the , (comma)
In Windows 10, here is how to access the modification page for this setting:
Under Windows 7, the program (controls and texts) do not appear completely in the ARRM window, they seem to be too big
You have certainly changed the font size under windows. Right-click on the desktop> Personalize> Display> and choose the size 'Small - 100%' then click on 'Apply'.
Under windows 10, the program does not display texts and forms correctly
You have certainly changed the font size in Windows. Stop ARRM, Go to 'Settings', 'System', 'Display', and put '100% (recommended)' in 'Scaling and Layout'. Note: If before these operations ARRM is not stopped, the change will not apply to the program.
You can also, to change the setting only for the application, do
- Right click on ARRM application
- Click on 'Modify high PPP parameters'
- Check 'Replace high PPP scaling behavior' and select 'System' from the drop-down menu
- Click on OK
Thanks to Titruf for this solution
Maximize windows via 3rd party software
If you want to enlarge the windows (which are not resizable by default in ARRM) it is possible to use an EnableResize program, which can help. Please note that some controls may be in the wrong place. Thanks to André Braga for the information on this program. Link :Resize Enable
On windows 7 32 bits, the program displays an error message regarding vcruntime140.dll
You need the Recreate Visual C ++ for Visual Studio 2015
Nothing is scraped on Screenscraper
- Screenscraper is overloaded
- You have exceeded your daily quota on Screenscraper. Remember to create an account, your quota will be higher.
Nothing is scraped on TheGamesDB
TheGamesDb API limits the number of requests to 1500 per user per month . You will see the number of requests remaining in TGBD Requests left in this panel :
Since December 2019, the scraps on ATARI800 do not return anything
Screenscraper seems to have abandoned platform 38 (Atari800) for platform 43 (Atari 8bits). you must therefore modify the system number in the file 'systemes_screeenscraper.txt' by clicking on the icon next to the 'screenscraper' button. Replace the line atari800|38 with atari800|43 and relaunch.
Problem with directory name and file too long
If your length of the directory name + file name exceeds 256 characters, ARRM will not be able to manage this file. (windows system limitation)
Set default settings
To restore the default ARRM parameters, all you have to do is stop the application and delete this key from the registry :
The next time you launch the application, the default settings will be restored.
Save / Restore ARRM configuration and parameterization files.
Since version 22.214.171.124 Beta 3, it is possible to save / restore the ARRM configuration and the Parameter files (which you may have customized)
- Go to the Tools tab
- Click on the button Backup configuration files
The registry / export files will be saved in the %appdata%\Nexouille Soft\Arrm\database\Backup\%date_du_jour% directory
- Go to the Tools tab
- Click on the button Restore configuration files
- Click on the button Select configuration folder to restore
- Select the backup directory, then click on the OK button
- Check the items to recover, then click on the button Restore selected file(s)
- Click on the Close button to exit this module.