Scrape some media
In the scrape engines, only these missing media (artworks) will be presented and selectable. See: Scrape only missing Artworks (media)
It is possible to scrape only certain media without touching the existing Mixes
These media are:
- Hyperspin theme
- Extra1 (see media defined in Assignment of Screenscraper media)
- Round Wheel
- Box art
- Pad2keyboard file
To do this you must:
- Check 'No image, only texts' or choose 'NONE' in the combobox in the 'Images options' tab
- Check one or more of these items in the 'Images Options' tab:
- 'Get the video',
- 'Get the Manual',
- 'Get Map',
- 'Get Fanart',
- 'Get the Titleshot'
- 'Recover Boxback'
- 'Theme Hyperspin'
- 'Recover Extra1'
- 'Round Wheel (HFSDB / Screenscraper)'
- 'Get Screenshot'
- 'Get the Boxart'
- 'Get the Wheel'
- 'Retrieve Cartridge'
- 'Overlays (choose format 4/3, 16/9, Custom…)
- For the Pad2keyboard, check 'Pad 2 Key cfg' in the 'Scrape Options' tab
- You can filter roms without certain media. See for more details: Filter games without certain media
- In the right panel (ROM information), leave checked the items you want to update. (Remember to use the 'Check All' and 'Uncheck All' buttons to go faster)
- Select all ('Select All' button) or part (Ctrl + left click) of the roms to process
- Launch the scrape by clicking on the desired button Screenscraper, or the other available scrape database
- Save gamelist.xml
When you are done with the manipulations of the Database, remember to save its content in the gamelist.xml by clicking on the button 'Create gamelist.xml'